The Waterfalls of Oconee County
Bee Cove Falls
Big Bend Falls
Blue Hole Falls
Cedar Creek Falls
King Creek Falls
Little Brasstown Falls
Long Creek Falls
Lower Fall Creek Falls
Lower Sloan Bridge Falls
Lower Whitewater Falls
Opossum Creek Falls
Reedy Branch Falls
Riley Moore Falls
Station Cove Falls
Upper Fall Creek Falls
Yellow Branch Falls
Directions to the falls:
- From Westminster, drive west on US 76 for 13.3 miles and turn left (west) onto Damascus Church Road (Oconee County S-96).
Long Creek First Station will be on your right after the turn.
- Drive 0.8 mile and turn right (northwest) onto Battle Creek Road (Oconee County S-102).
- Drive 1.9 miles and turn right (northwest) onto Turkey Ridge Road (FS 755). This is a gravel road.
- Drive approximately 3 miles and park in the grassy clearing near FS 755 I.
- Hike down FS 755 I. At 0.1 mile the road splits, take the road to the right, which then ends in a small parking area.
- From the parking area, follow the path on the right side about 0.5 mile to a fork.
- Take the right fork and hike approximately 0.75 mile. At this point you must descend from the main path to the base of the
falls. The descent trail begins several hundred yards past a large bend in the trail and at the end of a long, gradual
- Take the side path on the left, going down to the river. Though this is steep, this side path is fairly easy to descend.
Mountain laurel and other undergrowth offer handholds.
- After approximately 125 yards, you will be at the river. You are now approximately 30 yards from the base of the falls.