The Waterfalls of Oconee County
Bee Cove Falls
Big Bend Falls
Blue Hole Falls
Cedar Creek Falls
King Creek Falls
Little Brasstown Falls
Long Creek Falls
Lower Fall Creek Falls
Lower Sloan Bridge Falls
Lower Whitewater Falls
Opossum Creek Falls
Reedy Branch Falls
Riley Moore Falls
Station Cove Falls
Upper Fall Creek Falls
Yellow Branch Falls
Directions to the falls:
- From the Junction of SC 28 and HWY 183 in Walhalla, drive north 3.5 miles on SC 183 to SC 11.
- Head north on SC 11 for 4.3miles and turn left (west) onto Cheohee Valley Road (Oconee County S-172).
- Drive 2.3 miles and turn left (west) onto Tamassee Knob Road.
- Drive 0.6 mile and turn right (northwest) onto Jumping Branch Road.
- Drive 1.4 miles and turn left (northwest) onto FS 715A. This is a gravel Road.
- Drive 0.5 mile to parking area on the right this is just before a small bridge over Tamassee Creek).
- At the north end of the parking area there is a barricade, head this direction and follow a faint track through the first
3 fields. There are a couple of creeks to cross between the fields.
- At the end of the last field, the trail enters the woods.
- Follow the trail through the woods for 0.3 mile and take the left fork, crossing the creek and heading toward the larger
branch of Tamassee Creek.
- Hike another 0.2 mile, approach the larger branch and follow it upstream to a point where the trail becomes very rocky,
and sometimes obstructed. It is about 0.25 mile to the falls from this point.
- Continue heading upstream to the falls. The trail may switch sides of the creek depending on conditions, but it always
follows near the bank.
- With the falls in sight, the best area to view them is on the south side of the creek.