The Waterfalls of Yancey County
Roaring Fork Falls
Directions to the falls:
- From Exit 72 on I-40 drive East for 9.5 miles on U.S. 70.
- Turn left onto HWY 80 and continue for 14 miles to South Toe River Road.
- Follow South Toe River Road for 2.8 miles and park on the right just across from Black Mountain Campground.
- Walk across the bridge into the campground and follow the signs for the Briar Bottom group camping area to the left.
- Before reaching the group camp, there is a sign on the right for the waterfall.