The Waterfalls of Yancey County
Roaring Fork Falls
Directions to the falls:
- From Exit 72 on I-40 drive East for 9.5 miles on U.S. 70.
- Turn left onto HWY 80 and continue for 14 miles to South Toe River Road.
- Turn left and cross the bridge.
- Immediately after crossing the bridge, turn left at the Busick Work Center sign and follow this for 0.2 mile.
- Park at the gate, but do not block the entrance.
- The trail starts at the right of the gate and follows an old logging road to a bridge crossing over Roaring Fork.
- Just before the bridge, the trail enters the woods to the right.
- Follow the trail 100 feet into the woods to the falls.