The Waterfalls of Transylvania County
Avery Creek Falls
Bridal Veil Falls
Catheys Creek Falls
Cedar Rock Falls
Cove Creek Falls
French Broad Falls
Glen Cannon Falls
Grassy Creek Falls
Grogan Creek Falls
High Falls (Dupont)
High Falls (Toxaway)
Log Hollow Branch Falls
Looking Glass Falls
Moore Cove Falls
North Log Hollow Falls
Shoal Creek Falls
Slick Rock Falls
Slippery Witch Falls
South Log Hollow Falls
Upper Bearwallow Falls
White Owl Falls
Height: 20 Feet
Latitude: N 35° 16.308
Distance: 1.9 Miles
Longitude: W 82° 48.516
Elevation Change: 400 Feet
Directions to the falls:
- From the junction of US 276 and US 64 in Brevard, head North on US 276 toward Waynesville, NC.
- Drive 5.2 miles and turn left onto FS 475.
- Continue on FS 475 for 1.4 miles and turn left into the Fish Hatchery.
- Park here and walk across the bridge over the Cedar Rock Creek.
- After crossing the creek, bear right on Cat Gap Trail.
- There is a chain link fence on the right of the trail for the first 0.3 mile before crossing Cedar Rock Creek again.
- After crossing the creek, keep to the right up the bank.
- There is a moderate climb for the next 0.4 mile, and you will pass the faint trail to Cedar Rock Creek Falls.
- Continue for another 0.15 mile to the blue-blazed Butter Gap Trail.
- Follow the Butter Gap Trail to the right and cross Picklesimmer Fields.
- The trail passes through some mountain laurel tunnels before reaching Long Branch Trail which leads off to the
- Follow Butter Gap Trail to the left, which is 0.6 mile from the junction of Cat Gap Trail and Butter Gap Trail.
- In approximately 0.4 mile, you will pass the fall on the left. There is a faint scramble path leading to the base.